Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour
Trip At Glance
|Max Elevation||4380 metre|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Package:||Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Until 1992, the Upper Mustang was a limited demilitarized area, making it one of the world’s most preserved regions, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetan. The relative isolation of the region from the outside world has preserved the Tibetan culture.
If you are interested in exploring Tibetan Buddhist culture in the hidden Upper Mustang valley, take the Upper Mustang Heli Tour and Trek, which provides a fast platform for you and you don’t have to worry about your time limit. This is the quickest route to Upper Mustang, a sacred valley with cultural treasures.
Exploring ancient monasteries, chhortens, traditional houses, and local people’s cultural lifestyles can give you a new insight into the Upper Mustang scenario with a day trip by helicopter. It’s a wonderful alternative to the Upper Mustang Trek and we call it a Heli Trek as you walk around the Lo Manthang.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour has been open to foreigners since 1992 A.D., covering several popular hiking trails: Jomsom Muktinath, Damodar Kunda, The views of the Kali Gandaki River and its gaps along with the scattered ethnic settlements by the river are stunning.
For people believe in Buddhism, some of the oldest monasteries are here. Most of them were constructed in the 11th century. A short interaction with our guide provides sufficient information about their ancient traditions and history. Mani walls, chhortens, and flags of prayer make the journey an exciting and historic cultural experience.
Upper Mustang Heli tour is the visual representation of heaven on Earth and everyone wants to visit this mesmerizing place but as we know in the present time everyone has only a handful of time with them, and the upper mustang helicopter tour cost is the best reliable and less time-consuming means of transportation to reach Mustang. Mustang helicopter tour is the perfect place if you want to get away from your hectic life and enjoy the beauty of mother nature.
North of Kagbeni generally known as upper Mustang looks similar to the Tibetan plateau with its yellow and gray rolling hills eroded by violent winds. It lies beyond the Annapurna massif and bordered on three sides by Tibet lies the ancient Kingdom of Lo, better known as Mustang. In local language, the name Mustang refers to the barren Tibet like region at the north end of the Kali Gandaki which is known to its inhabitants as Lo. Upper Mustang is the last of the untouched and ageless lands in the Himalaya, and here you will find Lo-Manathang, the only walled city in Nepal. Mustang is probably a Nepalese mispronunciation of the name of capital of Lo, the city of Manthang.
- Beautiful center for culture Lo Manthang
- Pure Buddhism heritages (Tibetan)
- Breath-taking views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan chain
- The spectacular cave-like settlements in Lo-Manthang
- Beautiful views of Mount Annapurna Himalaya, Mount Dhaulagiri, Manaslu range and Tukuche Peaks
Best Time to Travel
May, June and August are the best months for Upper Mustang Trek and Lo Manthang Helicopter Tour. The Mustang region remains dry during the monsoon season giving us the benefit to travel sans crowd of the tourist season.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour Itinerary
We are providing an itinerary according to the interest of every client. We have two different tours package, one from Kathmandu and another from Pokhara. Itinerary can be customized based on your request.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour from Kathmandu
- Morning Flight from Kathmandu - Refueling( Landing about 30 Minutes.)
- Take off from Jomsom to Lo-Manthan, Landing up to 1 Hour in Lo-Mangthang
- Take off from Lo- Mangthang and landing at Jomsom and Refueling another 15 minutes.
- Take off from Jomsom Airport to Landing at Pokhara or Kathmandu.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
- Pokhara to Jomsom (20 Minutes)
- Jomsom to Mustang (30 Minutes)
- Explore around Lo Mangtang (1 Hour)
- Fly back to Kathmandu (1.30 hours)
Helicopters are from two different companies Air Dynasty and Simrik air. So you can trust us blindly.
1) If the weight of an individual exceeds 100 KG, Then he/she needs to purchase two seats.
2) The company takes the right to cancel the flight in case of an emergency or weather.
3) If there will be no flight due to the weather everyone gets full refunds.
- The trip can be easily booked
- We provide budget friendly trips
- Our trips can be easily customized
- We provide the best price in comparision