Rara Tour Package
Rara Tour Package Facts
|Package:||Rara Tour Package|
|Price||USD 170 per person|
|Transportation||Flight and Tourist bus/ Private vehicle|
|Max Elevation||2990 m|
|Accommodation||Hotels in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Rara. Tea-houses during the trek|
|Meal||Breakfast in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj. All meals during the trek|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Contact Detail (Viber/Whatsapp)||+9779843724104|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Table of Content.
Rara tour package: Rara Lake Tour from Jeep is a very long drive tour, but the memory it provides can't be compared. It's located at 2990 meters elevation. It's a naturally honored destination in Mugu. Rara National Park jumped up the area, which is a true platform to delight in the smell of the countryside, yet superbly situated that provides the chirping bird melodies along with the perspective of the woods. This is a stage that you find yourself about your presence in today's world and also the significance of an outing from a mind-blowing character.
Rara lake jeep tour is just one of that emerging eco-tourism destination of Nepal and much less crowded destination much from the frantic city places on the heart of cultural and natural reach harbor. The glimpses of lifestyle, scenery, and culture on the way is rather different from the rest of Nepal.
Beautiful views of the snow-capped Himalayan milky summit on the top creates a special mixture of amazing beauty to entice the traveler and trekker. There are lots of choices to accomplish. You might have a trip from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Talcha and about a couple of hours of trekking to reach the lake.
By jeep from Kathmandu into Surkhet, it requires approximately 13 hr. Drive to attain Surkhet, we'll cover roughly 605 kilometers. And next day continues to drive roughly 7-8 before Kalikot it'll cover almost 170 kilometers through the woods with religious viewpoints mountains and green landscape. The next day we constantly drive to Rara through Sinja and Nagmi.
By Nagma into Rara is an off-road driveway. It takes approximately 4 hr. Drive to attain Talcha airport along with the approximately 30 minutes' drive forward we park our car and almost an hour increase to uphill to achieve lake.
Rara Lake Tour Package for Nepali
Rara lake is the gem of Rara National Park, the smallest national park of Nepal located in the Jumla and Mugu district. Maybe, it is just one among the few pristine and not as crowded trekking destinations in Nepal, which will be worth several visits. Quite a few poets have loved the beautiful lake by composing poems devoted to Rara. Additionally, be it your first or the tenth trip, Rara never neglects in blowing off you towards the other-worldly panoramic view. Rara Lake is imperial not just as a result of natural beauty, but also because of the simple fact that it houses three endemic fishes, the rare red panda, Himalayan black bears, and tons of foxes. Therefore, Rara Lake includes a distinctive floral and faunal significance together with aesthetic worth.
Rara Lake (रारा ताल) is the largest lake in Nepal. Known also as “Mahendra Taal”, this exotic lake lies in the Mugu district in the western part of Nepal.
Rara Lake is the biggest and the deepest freshwater lake of Nepal, nestled in Mugu district, the northwestern part of the Mid-Western Development Region. Situated at an elevation of 2990 meters above sea level, Rara is frequently compared to the queen of paradise. The elevated location allows Rara Lake to reflect the stunning views of snow-capped mountains in the crystal clear water. It has a water surface of 10.8 sq km with a maximum depth of 167m. Approximately, the lake is 5.7km in length and 2.7km in width. Lake water drains into the Mugu Karnali River via the Nijar River.
Rara, nicknamed the Queen of Lakes in Nepal, is acknowledged for its spellbinding scenic beauty. Words are not enough to describe the mesmerizing natural beauty of Rara lake; rather, only a visit to eyewitness this gift from heaven can quench the thirst of Rara. The realm of Rara showcases its unique splendor changing hues several times in a single day. Usually, the deep blue hue of the lake amazes onlookers, making them forgetful of all the obstruction endured en route to Rara. It is unquestionably true that Rara has the capability to cleanse off the blues from every worn-off soul. Moreover, the view of the shining stars reflected in the crystal-clear water of Rara at night amplifies the natural splendor up to the culmination.
Rara tour package for Nepali
Rara lake has become the #1 destination for Nepali travelers in recent times. Each year more than 15000 Nepali visits the area lake for refreshment. It is developing itself as a good honeymoon destination for Couples.
According to data from Rara National Park Office, over 15,000 have visited Rara Lake till March 2019. Local stakeholders say the number of visitors is rising at a satisfactory rate. Be the part of Rara lake tour package for 2021 with us.
Rara lake tour package price for Nepali
|Package||Price (Per Person)|
|6 night 7 days Premium package for Nepali (transportation by 4WD jeep)||NRS 22000|
|6 night 7 days Economy Package for Nepali (transportation by bus)||NRS 17000|
|2 night 3 days Package for Nepali (transportation by flight)||NRS 24500|
- All ground transportation
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day
- Accommodation of 2-3 sharing basic each day
- Trip guide
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- extra expenses (due to natural calamities)
- Breathtaking scenery of the Rara Lake that changes its color
- Himalayan views on the background
- Bird watching and jungle walk
- Hear deuda song, Nepal folk songs
- Encounter the largest lake in Nepal
- Boating in Rara Lake
Although off the beaten track, Rara is accessible by numerous means of transportation with choices to befit every traveler’s travel schedules and budgets. A bus or a jeep ride is preferable in all other seasons except in monsoon. Since the road route, Surkhet-Manama-Sinja Valley-Talcha airport, is not black-topped, it becomes obstructed due to landslides. Hence, flying is the most preferable means of transportation during monsoon and any other seasons if traveling schedule is tight.
One of the easiest options to reach this beautiful lake is to take a 40-minute long flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport. Now, you can take another flight of about an hour-long from Nepalgunj airport to Talcha airport. After you reach Talcha airport, you will enter the realm of Rara within 2-3 hours of trekking. The domestic flights from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj are scheduled daily. However, flights from Nepalgunj to Talcha might not be daily scheduled. In other words, they totally rely upon the group of travelers, seasons and weathers.
Alternatively, you can reserve a private jeep to the lake, which departs from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and leads you to the lake. Generally, we have numerous customized and flexible packages, which you can opt and make yourself embark on the mesmerizing tale of traveling life. All in all, you would definitely cherish this trip in the future with pride.
To make your traveling experience filled with solemn wonder, we now offer a Helicopter tour to Rara. Helicopter tour would provide the sigh of fresh air and enchanting experience of exploring the virgin wonder of nature. In fact, once you have been there on a helicopter tour offering scenic beauty, you will definitely agree that once is not enough for visiting this place with a divine aura.
Rara Tour Package Itinerary
Detailed itinerary for a Helicopter tour.
- Early morning airport check-in and aboard the helicopter flight.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight Refueling)
- Nepalgunj to Rara. Helicopter landing. (Halt for an hour)
- Lake exploration and photo sessions.
- A flight back to Nepalgunj and eventually Kathmandu.
- Transfer back to the hotel.
Detailed Itinerary for short Rara Lake trek by flight
- Day 1– Arrival in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 2-Fly to Nepalgunj airport from Kathmandu. Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 3– Fly to Talcha airport from Nepalgunj. 2-3 hours trek to Rara lake. Overnight stay at a hotel in the coast of Rara Lake.
- Day 4– Lake exploration. Boating, Horse riding, Jungle tour, Village tour, and short hiking to Murma village.
- Day 5-Fly to Nepalgunj accompanied by another flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 6-Departure from Kathmandu.
Detailed Itinerary of reaching the lake by bus
- Day 1– Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 2– Kathmandu to Surkhet drive around 13-16 hours by night bus.
- Day 3– Breakfast at Surkhet. 7- 8-hour drive to kalikot. Meal on the way. Overnight at a local hotel at Manma, the district headquarter of kalikot.
- Day 4-Breakfast at Manma. Drive to Gamghadi or Talcha airport. Overnight at Ghamgadi or Talcha airport at a tea house accommodation.
- Day 5– Early morning 2-3 hours trek to Rara. Lake exploration. Lunch at the shore of Lake.
- Day 6– 7-hour drive to JumlaKhalangaBajar after morning breakfast. Overnight at Jumla.
- Day 7-Early morning drive to Surkhet. Overnight at Surkhet.
- Day 8– Surkhet to Kathmandu by bus.
- Day 9– Departure from Kathmandu.
Rara Lake Tour Package from Kathmandu Detailed itinerary for Nepali by Scorpio (Jeep)
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Kohalpur.
- Day 2: Kohalpur to Manma (kalikot)
- Day 3: Manma to talcha
- Day 4: Explore Rara and overnight
- Day 5: Rara to manma(kalikot)
- Day 6: Manma to surkhet/Kohalpur
- Day 7: Surkhet/Kohalpur to kathmandu
Rara Lake Tour Package by Flight
We are operating a Rara lake flight tour every day at just NPR 24500. Find the 3 days Itinerary below.
- Day 01: Morning flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung and connecting flight from Nepaljung to Talcha airport. Trek to Rara Lake and explore. Overnight around Rara Lake.
- Day 02: Stay around Rara Lake, Hiking, boating, village tour, and overnight stay
- Day 03: After breakfast, start the way back to Talcha airport. Fly back to Nepaljung and then to Kathmandu.
We also offer a Rara tour package from Nepalgunj. The trip can be redesigned as per your requirement.
The best time to visit Rara
The best time to visit Rara is from March to June when the summer offers a clear blue sky and sunny days. At this time Nepal’s national flower, Rhododendron, lightens the lake with lush red color, while the lake beautifies itself with the crystal blue shades.
Moreover, another best schedule to visit this lake could be from September through November. The weather in these months is neither too hot nor too cold. Actually, these months are better because the monsoon is gone and the winter is yet to arrive. Besides, it is also a favorable time for trekking, taking a bus or jeep rides, and flying.
Unfortunately, monsoon (June to August) and winter (December to February) seasons are not supposed to be an ideal time to visit this lake. Heavy rain during monsoon makes bus routes difficult and vulnerable to landslides. Also, snowfall in winter makes the temperature quite cold and blocks the trail to the lake. However, it does not mean that traveling to Rara during winter and monsoon is impossible. In crux, flying from Nepalgunj to Talcha airport is highly recommended during monsoon.
Things to do in Rara Lake Tour
- Ride a boat in lake
- Hike to Murma Viewpoint
- Ride a horse
- Nature Photography
- Camping and tenting
Rara lake tour Video
All your information is safe and secured with us.
- Kalinchowk Tour Package
- Pokhara tour package
- Salinadi Tour with Swosthani brata katha and Madhav Narayan
- Mustang Tour Package
- Bandipur Tour Package
- Royal Enfield Motorbike tour in Nepal
- 2 Days 1 Night Kalinchowk Tour Package
- Lower Mustang Motor Bike Tour Package
- Bhaktapur Tour Package
- Nepal Honeymoon Tour
- Chandragiri Hills Tour Package
- Kalinchowk Tour