Short Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Short Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Facts
|Package:||Short Ghorepani Poonhill Trek|
|Transportation||Private vehicle or tourist bus|
|Difficulty||Moderate and truly enjoyable to the core|
|Max Elevation||3180 m|
|Accommodation||Hotel and Lodges|
|Meal||Full board in trek and breakfast in Kathmandu|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Contact Detail (Viber/Whatsapp)||+9779843724104|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Table of Content.
Short Ghorepani Poonhill Trek 8 days falls in the Annapurna foothills with master viewpoints on Poonhill where we get to see some of the highest peaks in the world…this trip offers all the best of trekking in Nepal. Enjoy trekking in the midst of spectacular mountain scenery through charismatic villages inhabited by the Gurungs and Magars who inhabit this region the most. We hike through dense rhododendron forests full of different bird species and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurnas with the striking peaks of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline hereabouts.
This wonderful trek climaxes as you climb Poonhill at the break of dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain sceneries on Earth. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna at (8,091m) along with a fantastic display of other peaks, slowly begin to appear like magic before your eyes, leaving you breathless for some moments. This is a highly rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by those who truly love nature and the beauty that comes with it.
Highlights of Poon Hill Trekking
- Walking through rhododendron forests, yak pastures, and villages
- Stunning view of the Icefall at Kimshung and Langtang Lirung peaks
- Visiting Langtang National Park containing rare and abundant flora and
- Panoramic views and vistas of the Himalayas from the Kyangjin Ri
- Experience the unique and typical culture of Tamang community and
- Tibetan Villages
- Visit Yak cheese factory and local livestock
- The awesome scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
Short Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m) this will take about six hours.
It’s a lovely six hours scenic drive to the lake city of Pokhara (915m,), 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu. As you climb out of the Kathmandu valley, only to quickly descend again to the Trisuli River, you follow upstream to its junction with the Marsyangdi River. You follow the Marsyangdi gently up through heavily terraced fields and small hill towns to the Seti River that takes you directly into Pokhara.
Blessed with pleasant weather, Pokhara is tourist's paradise with a lot of natural as well as cultural heritage sites that include serene lakes, caves, and temples of Buddhist and Hindus along with the grand mountains. You can observe views to the north across the hills and Phewa Taal (lake) to the white peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. This drive will take most of the morning, leaving much of the afternoon to romance the beauty of the lake city. You also have the option to fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 25 minutes.
check our pokhara tour pacakge.
Day 02: Trek from Pokhara (915m) to Nayapul (1050m) by car which is about one and half hours drive.
You begin your trek from Nayapul (1050m) to Tirkhedhunga (1577 m) via Birethanti (1065m) which takes about four and half hours. After breakfast at hotel you could drive by car or van for one and half hours to Nayapul. Then you start your trekking. The first part of your trek is easy passing through numerous small villages and settlements. Afterwards you could ascend gently to the final destination of the day. The majority of the local folks around here are Gurungs and their religion is Buddhism. They are engaged in agricultural activities, tourism business and some are also employed in the Nepalese and Indian armies. Overnight at our teahouse lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2675 m) and this takes about six hours.
To begin your trek, you could ascend steeply for the early 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m) and Banthanti, Magar villages. On the way, you could see good views of Machhapuchhre or Fish Tail (6997m), Huinchuli (6441m), and Annapurna south peak at (7219m). Now your trail is quite easier passing through forest and descends gently up to the final camp. You could see some of the wild life such as monkey and various species of birds. Overnight at our lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Ghorepani to Poonhill (3180m) to Tadapani (2675m) which takes about five and half hours.
We rise early for our morning trip to Poonhill (3232m) to enjoy the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri (6940m), Varaha Shikhar (7847m), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna III (7855m), Machhapuchhre (6993m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna II (7937m), Lamjung Himal (6931m) and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks. After breakfast, trek Ghorepani to Tadapani (2650 m) through the deep forests of rhododendrons, bamboos and oaks. En-route, you frequently see waterfalls, rocks, wild animals, local birds and a lot of green sceneries. Tadapani is a small village surrounded by beautiful forests which grants you a magnificent view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Fishtail, and Annapurna II and so on.
Day 05: Trek from Tadapani (2675m) to Ghandruk (1950m) and it takes about three hours.
It is very easy trek by descending gently all the way through rhododendron, oak and other kinds of dense forests. You could hear the sweet chirping of birds on the way. This is one of the popular destinations for bird lovers. Ghandruk is a big Gurung village. There is a handicraft centre and Gurung museum hereabouts. From this village you could see good views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna (7455m), Annapurna III (7755m) and Fishtail.
Day 06: Trek from Ghandruk (1950m) to Pothana (1990m) which takes about six hours.
First part of your trek is steeply down following stone staircase to Kimbu (Bee hive). Kimbu or Bee hive is located at the elevation of 1200 meters on the bank of Modi Khola. Now your trail steeply ascends following the stone staircase up to Landruk. The trail ascends gently for early two hours and again ascends steeply for an hour to Deurali (2150m) passing through Tolkha village (1850m). From this point you can see panoramic view of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Fishtail (6997m), Annapurna III (7755m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna II (7937m) and Lamjung Himal (6930m). Now the rest of the trail descends gently down to Dhampus passing through Pothana village (1900m).
Day 07: Trek from Pothana to Dhampus Phedi (1113m) which takes about four hours.
Your trail descends gradually for at least an hour and follows gravel road for two hours and then steeply descends to Phedi passing through Dhampus village, paddy fields and forest protected by local community. Upon your arrival at Dhampus Phedi, you could take a vehicle to reach Pokhara and chill out.
Day 08: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours.
While driving from Pokhara to Kathmandu, you head up to Damauli, Dumre, Mugling and Kurintar where Nepal's first Cable car is operated to reach Manakamana Temple. En route, you could enjoy the mountain views, green sceneries, rice terrace fields, vegetable fields and people engaged in their daily life activities. This journey gives you deep insights in to Nepal’s lovely rural landscapes. From Naubishe you climb up to Thankot, the gateway to capital city. You are then directly taken to your hotel You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes about 25 minutes. The choice is yours. Down here at Tashi Delek Nepal Treks we are sure that you enjoyed your trek to the hilt. In the evening, we visit a well known Nepali kitchen for a good Nepalese dinner. As we enjoy our dinner, we will be entertained to a thrilling cultural dance performed by the local belles. This is a complimentary outing arranged on behalf of Tashi Delek Nepal Trek for the good welfare of our respected guests. Overnight at your hotel.
Poon Hill Trekking Video
- Warm Clothes, windproof jackets, thermal wear, warm socks, a scarf and a woollen cap.
- Proper hiking boots, running comfortable shoes and a pair of flip-flops.
- T-shirts and hiking shorts
- Backpack and backpack cover (against rain and dust)
- Head torch, or small torch, plus spare batteries.
- Small lightweight and quick-drying towel.
- Water bottle and water purification tablets
- Water purification tablets or a water filter
- Sleeping bag and silk liner
- Some Diamox pills against potential altitude sickness (if going beyond 4,000 m elevations)
- Do proper research about the company that you are planning to trek with and make sure they are a legally registered travel agency.
- You should be well acquainted about travel health and travel insurance before travelling.
- Have an idea about the climate, geography, temperature, and environment of Nepal before starting your trip.
- Using credit cards instead of cash is a wiser idea.
- Majority of the Nepalese people are nicer but there are few scammers you will come meet on your way and need to avoid them, for example, ‘holy men’ who will try to plant a tika (a red paste denoting a blessing) on your forehead demanding payment for it on streets.
- Be careful while buying the medicinal herbs as some may be illegal for you t take home and also be aware of duplicate products.
- Never get yourself involve in doing drugs, trafficking and sexual relations with children as there is a strict rule for these cases and might get yourself into a big problem.
- Take copies of your passport, visa, air ticket, and trekking permits and keep them separately from the originals.
- Prepare yourself for altitude sickness and be familiar with its symptoms so that you can follow the guidelines for safe acclimatization.
All your information is safe and secured with us.